KS2 Teacher (Year 4) - Maternity Cover
- Contract: Full Time, Temporary (Maternity Cover for 1 year)
- Salary: MPS/UPS (£23,042 - £39,928)
- Closing date: 22 November 2017
- Interview date: 29 November 2017
- Start date: March 2018
TD Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
Most recently, July 2015, Ofsted graded the Academy as ‘Good’ in all areas and we are moving forward in our continued journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
The Junior Academy is part of the wider Thomas Deacon Academy and is on the same site as the Thomas Deacon Academy in the heart of Peterborough. The school started with a cohort of 90 Year 3 children in September 2014 has grown to 372 pupils, with the last cohort joining in September 2017.
Do you consider yourself to be a talented and inspirational teacher? Do you have the drive and passion to help turn our vision into reality? If the answer is yes, we are seeking a KS2 Class Teacher to join us in our continuing venture delivering exceptional learning opportunities in our state of the art Junior Academy. The role is a maternity cover for a maximum of 1 year.
The successful candidate will need to be able to put the learning of our pupils at the forefront of everyday life with clear focus on every child being able to progress, develop and succeed. You will have the desire and ability to develop a creative learning environment, maintaining a strong attention to literacy, numeracy and communication skills but also looking to develop the talents of all children.
- Be a passionate, dynamic educator
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy
What we can offer you:
- Fantastic and well behaved children who are excited about learning.
- A new school environment.
- Excellent facilities for learning including its own sports hall, science and DT areas, studio space, 12 classrooms and outstanding ICT provision.
- Use of the facilities, resources and subject expertise at the Thomas Deacon Academy to support and extend the curriculum.
- Opportunity to play a role in the development of the Junior College over the coming years.
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym, refectory and car parking)
To apply please complete the Associate Application Form on the Vacancies page of our website. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to visit the Academy please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
TDA Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.